Pinterest is a channel I have always struggled to grow, but slowly but surely I'm getting to know how to use it effectively. My top ten tips below.
1. Titles should be keywords, as well as descriptions.
2. Keep descriptions short.
3. Don't use hashtags (Pinterest doesn't recognise them at the moment).
4. Boards on the top row get picked up by Google first. Keep alternating them.
5. Use your own images.
6. "How to" Images get pinned the most.
7. Convert your account to a business account.
8. 80% of pins should be inspirational or informative, with 20% being about your brand.
9. Don't tag someone else's image with your URL.
10. Pin regularly.